MOTORS (MOdular Traffic Object Railway Simulator) is an integrated electromechanic simulator which calculates step by step the power source behaviour of a railway or metropolitan line.
- train pantographs and electric substations voltage drops;
- trains power consumption;
- line currents within conductors (catenary-type overhead contact line, auxiliary feeders, third rail, rails return circuit, ground conductors, etc.)
Given the system characteristics:
- substations power;
- line voltage;
- type of conductors and return circuit;
- physical characteristics and trains power-speed curve (different types of trains allowed);
- trains time tables (different types of trains allowed).
User can precisely specify the line charateristics, regarding both its layout and its power source (different types of lines allowed).
MOTORS has been used for the design and verification of several lines, including:
- AV 2x25 kV 50 Hz: Torino - Milano, Milano - Bologna - Firenze, Roma - Napoli , Thalys Line (Parigi - Lille - Bruxelles) railway lines;
- JFK Airport Minimetro (750 V DC);
- Madrid Metro (comparison between 600 V and 1500 V DC power sources);
- 3 kV DC: HC Genova - Milano, Padova - Mestre, Koper - Divaca railway lines;
- Mexico City - Vera Cruz (25 kV 60 Hz) railway line.